ELY, UK, December 11, 2013 /EINPresswire.com/ — IT Governance, the global leader in cyber security and ISO 27001 expertise, has launched an integrated set of ISO/IEC 27001:2013 transition resources which range from books and documentation toolkits to certified training courses. They have been designed to work together and assist ISO 27001 implementers with their transitioning project.
ISO/IEC 27001:2013 was launched in October 2013 and replaces the previous 2005 version of the international information security management system standard. The new version is perceived as more flexible and business-friendly.
Steve Watkins, Director at IT Governance and Chair of the UK ISO 27001 User Group says, “ISO 27001 brings a lot of business benefits and is driven by specific objectives including improvement of cyber security, operational efficiencies and competitive advantages, and the changes in the 2013 version remove many of the perceived barriers users associated with the 2005 version.”
According to IT Governance’s survey conducted in October and November 2013, 45.5% of the 188 respondents are already certified to ISO 27001 and 41.5% are keen to get started on transitioning to ISO/IEC 27001:2013 straight away. In addition, 22.5% have said that they will move onto ISO/IEC 27001:2013 when they complete their current certification project.
In order to help companies transition their information security management system (ISMS) to ISO 27001:2013, IT Governance has launched a set of resources which provide the knowledge and tools
necessary to kick-start their project. These include:
• ISO27001 2013 Certified ISMS Transition Training Course – Classroom – www.itgovernance.co.uk/shop/p-1454.aspx
• ISO27001 2013 Certified ISMS Transition Training Course – Online – www.itgovernance.co.uk/shop/p-1464.aspx
• ISO 27001 2005 to ISO 27001 2013 Conversion Tool – www.itgovernance.co.uk/shop/p-1479.aspx
• ISO27001 2013 ISMS Standalone Documentation Toolkit – www.itgovernance.co.uk/shop/p-1462.aspx
• ISO/IEC 27001/ISO27002: 2013 Pocket Guide – www.itgovernance.co.uk/shop/p-720.aspx
The full range of resources is available at www.itgovernance.co.uk/iso27001-2013/iso27001-2013-transition-resources.aspx.